Who are you? (Updated 4/12)
I'm the oldest of three and first generation American. My sibs and I are among the first in our family, on any side, to not only go to college but get advanced degrees. And we did it with minimal financial support from our parents. Academic scholarships and loans, baby.
I married young to a terrific guy, and though we had some "growing up" pains, I am truly blessed to call him my partner in crime.
Where is Bullshark stationed? (updated 1/07)
For basically all of 2006, Bullshark was recalled to active duty in the Navy. He was in Iraq, Baghdad area, from May through December. At the time, we didn't expect him home til May 2007. So for all intents and purposes, I started 1L as a single mommy. Then we got an early Christmas present
He was active duty in the military for a few years when we first married, then he changed professions (teacher) but remained in the Reserves. On active duty, farthest he went was Texas and Maine. In the Reserves, Iraq and a few countries in Asia. Go figure.
So, what are you going to do when you graduate? (March 2009)
This is sincerely the question I am asked most frequently. After a lot of angst (see... I don't know, about half the blog posts from 2008-2009), I got a job. I consider myself very lucky.
Hey what happened to that one post in which. . . . ? (June 2009)
So now that I've graduated, I have purged the archives a bit. I thought about this a lot. There are a lot of law students who find my blog from random depressing Google searches and its nice to know that others have gone before you and survived.
Before the purge, I had over 800 published posts. That has been pared down considerably, but there is still enough angst in the archives to make an emo kid cringe.
Edited to add: as of 8/24/2009: 571 published; 938 total. Yeah.
Clownfish (old captions):
- Five. Big bad kindergartener. He loves monster trucks and Mommy and his globe and the planets and Star Wars and dinosaurs and baseball and golf. Oh, and soccer and hockey and story books. (His list). Changed 8/31/10.
- Changed 1/24/11
I really wish I had kept his earlier captions somewhere...
Angelfish (old captions):
- Baby girl born January 2011. Makes pterodactyl noises when she's hungry.
- About three months old. Loves eating, smiling and likes to be swaddled.
- About four months old. Loves eating, smiling and grabbing things, especially while eating... often my necklace or boob.
- About thirteen months old. Toddling. Smiling. Waving. Eating. Thumb-sucking. Sleeping through the night. Lover of bottles, rejector of sippy cups.
- About sixteen months old. Walking, talking whirling dervish of awesome. Still needs two naps. Only takes one. Yeah.
- About twenty one months old. Talking, questioning, climbing, running, whirling dervish of awesome.
Baby girl born April 2012. Yes my daughters are 15 months apart. At some point, I expect my boobs to stop leaking.