Nightly, he would tell me some variation of this list:
- Turn on TV very softly.
- Just watch one show and then go to bed.
- When you go to bed tiptoe so I don't hear you.
- Just do a little work in the kitchen before bed.
- Give Papa hug and kiss and noggin kiss and bite him / tackle him.
- Walk very softly.
- Don't forget to do the dishes.
- Turn off all of the lights.
The list started to get a little ridiculously long, so now he just says 'follow all the rules'.
Goodnight goodnight God bless you, Mommy . . . follow all the rules.
Sir, yes sir. I have my marching orders.