Monday, September 07, 2009

MILP #114: IHOW #5: The Dream Child*

The Weekly MILP (Moms In the Legal Profession) Roundup is hosted on a rotating basis between PT-LawMom and Butterflyfish blogs. We originally rounded up just the moms in law school, but then discovered that those women eventually graduate. Who knew? So now all the moms in the legal field (heh) are represented. We aim for Sunday posts. Today is Monday but its a long weekend, so I get a pass.

I now present: In Her Own Words #5:

I haven't gone to the "In Her Own Words" well since Roundup #67. I pull quotes from MILP blogs, hopefully out of context in a way that makes you want to click, and call that a theme. Yep, shamefully lazy. But even back at #53 I warned you it would would repeat, again.

So without further ado...

Legal Profession & Law School:
  • The secret lawyer language is now becoming unraveled, I can now use the terms color of title, adverse possession, trespass to chattels, and manifestation of mutual assent... Mom and Law Student?
  • Moot court and Mock Trial intramural competitions are both going on this week, and I have chosen to do both. Newlawmom.
  • Civil Procedure - p101-106, p113-122. Undermotivated Overachiever.
  • But as soon as I am off the market, jobs start popping up everywhere. Legally Certifiable.
  • I was less than impressed by Big Law Defense Lawyer Atty Work Product.

Marriage:


  • He is annoyed that I wrote about conditioner instead of about how love lifted us up where we belong, where the eagles fly, on a mountain high, or something similar. And You Know What Else
  • Right now when someone asks how long we've been married I always feel the need to add in the four years we spent dating... Lag Liv.
  • This has been a long time coming - and possibly many have guessed this. JDWannabe

Dream Child(ren)
*:

  • I know that all babies develop differently and I know that Timmy is just fine. But I keep finding that I compare him to every baby of a similar age that we meet now. Better Together
  • Henry is beside himself with pride about having a brother. Rayne of Terror.
  • Hell, even CROCS are too narrow for my kid's feet. TrannyHead.


__________________________________________________
If you’d like to have your blog added to the MILP blogroll for weekly review or would like us to consider a specific post, drop the hostess(es) an email or leave a comment at our sites.Expecting Moms in law school are welcome! Hat tip as always to the “original” Roundup — Evan Schaeffer’s Legal Underground and his co-rounder-upper, Nobody!
* Yes, this is from Nightmare On Elm Street #5... I have an increasingly misnamed trilogy going here. Yes, that was a Douglas Adams reference. You must be so glad you read the footnotes... both of you that do :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment