I noticed a theme among many of the blog posts this week -- seems that some of the MILPs are in a funk of one kind or another. This suggested a music theme, but I know about as much about funk as the Glee kids (umm... they did Marky bloody Mark during the Funk episode, season 1). I have also been in a bit of a funk lately -- blogging-wise, as well as on the career versus SAHM front.
So instead of a theme, I'll just link to this video -- guaranteed to un-funk anyone. Meep! On to the Roundup.
Here's the funk:
- LEO and BigLawMommy burnout.
- Legally Certifiable is overwhelmed, and can't see a way clear in the immediate future.
- Wild Northwest Litigator is in a blog funk, and struggling with the impending end of maternity leave.
- Izzie (only3years) is in a post-law school, SAHM, what comes next? funk.
- Atty Work Product has been in a blog funk, but made up for it (with pics!).
- Denei had a tough day at work (the post may disappear, so if the link doesn't work, you can also read this post in which she struggles as a newbie lawyer, but we all know she will come out on top with time and experience).
- YouWillHaveABrightFuture is trying to unwind.
Meanwhile, elsewhere in the MILPiverse...
- Reluctant Grownup is finding some peace (and taking pics) during bar review.
- LagLiv takes a much needed (though brief) family vacation (with pics!).
- as did Cowgirl in the City
- and Frenchie (Mommy in Sin City).
- But I Do Have a Law Degree has a toddler showing his stripes and
- Alice in Wonderland's son shows his nurturing side.
And finally, the kidspeak posts of the week:
- AndYouKnowWhatElse has a fucking awesome kid;
- Magic Cookie's son will fart at you; and
- Attorney At Large's daughter has an existential crisis.
The regular hostesses of the MILP Roundup, currently, are: Butterflyfish, Ptlawmom, Attorney Work Product, Attorney at Large, Kate (Today & Tomorrow), Magic Cookie (CM), and Reluctant Grownup. We're awesome.