Wednesday, January 30, 2013

My commute sucks

Awful awful awful commute this morning. It took me over an hour to travel 11 miles. I was 45 minutes late for work. I had to stay late as a result, because I am a professional, so of course my time is electronically monitored to the minute. I was so frustrated that I ended up bawling in a bathroom stall before I could actually function.

It could be worse. Blah blah. 

You know what? I am allowed to feel sad and angry because I had a rough morning.

But the second glass of red wine this evening sure is helping take the edge off.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry. I totally understand about a sucky commute--mine is truly the worst part of my day. But at least nobody cares when I come and go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you had a rough day! You totally have every right to complain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BOO. Sorry you're having a bad morning! And yes, you're allowed to feel sad and angry. We should celebrate every feeling we have. I will continue to spout self-help aphorisms for the next several weeks, so be prepared.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, as soon as you inherit McPan's Good Ideas (tm), you won't have to worry about a commute because working hours are ALL THE TIME, even when you're asleep. I know it sounds bad but honestly, it's a very easy job. :)

    ReplyDelete