Covering posts for the week of May 5 through May 12, Mother's Day 2013.
I thought of doing a theme using songs about Moms. But songs about Moms are almost universally awful ... ok, maybe not awful, but sentimental and shmaltzy and, well, I'm not there right now, you know? So I googled and found a list of Awesome 80s songs about kicking ass.** I thought that it might be more apropos of our group, and I was totally right.
- Wanted Dead or Alive (Bon Jovi). Frenchie taken on the bar exam ... again. She walks these streets, a loaded outline on her back ...
- Another One Bites the Dust (Queen). Magic Cookie blows away misconceptions about a classic poem.
- Love is a Battlefield (Pat Benatar). Grace on loss, and family, and deployment.
- Holding out for a Hero (Bonnie Tyler). Lag Liv is herself a lawyer-mommy hero, and she's holding out for some better flats. And they gotta be strong and they gotta be cute and they gotta be fresh from a sale ...
- The Final Countdown (Europe). Kate and a photo essay on law school finals.
- Don't Stop Believing (Journey). Legally Certifiable is just a small town girl, with a helluva week, but hopefully some good news on the horizon.
- Danger Zone (Kenny Loggins). Izzie is entering the "looking for an acceptable elementary school" zone while overseas, and is contemplating a move.
- You're the Best (boom) Around (Joe Esposito) (Theme from Karate Kid). But I do Have a Law Degree on finding job satisfaction on her own terms (and nothin' gonna ever keep her down).
- Eye of the Tiger (Survivor). CP is a litigating badass into the thrill of the fight, even if her hubby doesn't quite get it.
- RG was stranded in Plano. Send red wine and better television.
- Alice is finally seeing daylight at the end of the newborn tunnel.
- Daisy's little Gracie is three months old.
- AAL's little Pea became the youngest "law student" to ever side-step a question posed by a Civ Pro prof.
**Inspired by / Courtesy of Cracked.com.
The MILP hostesses: Butterflyfish, Ptlawmom, Attorney Work Product, Attorney at Large, Kate, Magic Cookie (CM), and Reluctant Grownup. We're awesome.
We've done over 300 roundups, beginning in July 2007. What?!?! For the record, I cam calling dibs on doing Roundup #404 so I can do this joke. Anyone still reading? Hello?